Make Northern Ireland dementia-friendly
Learn about the 5 priorities for action in Northern Ireland.
- Improve diagnosis rates in Northern Ireland
- Improve post-diagnosis support in Northern Ireland
- Ensure a high standard of home care in Northern Ireland
- Increase public awareness and understanding in Northern Ireland
- You are here: Make Northern Ireland dementia-friendly
Promote dementia-friendly communities throughout Northern Ireland and create a dementia-friendly assembly in the first year of the new term.
Public understanding of dementia and how it affects a person can build confidence in our ability to communicate with and relate to people with dementia. Even small changes in attitudes and behaviour can make a big difference to neighbourhoods, towns and villages for a person with dementia.
The next Assembly should lead the way in making sure that people living with dementia in Northern Ireland are not left isolated. By becoming dementia-friendly, communities around Northern Ireland can make daily living and activities easier and more accessible to people living with dementia. What better way to promote a life-changing initiative than by embedding it at Stormont?