Caring for a person with dementia: A practical guide
If you are the main person supporting someone with dementia, this guide is for you. It includes information about dementia and how it will affect a person over time.
Caring for a person with dementia: A practical guide will tell you more about dementia and how it can affect a person over time.
Supporting someone with dementia can be a rewarding experience, giving you an opportunity to help someone who is important to you and learn new skills. But we also know that it may be very challenging at times. The information in this booklet is here to support you to care for the person and look after yourself.
This guide contains information on:
- understanding the person's diagnosis
- taking on the caring role
- looking ahead: putting plans in place
- understanding and supporting the person with dementia
- services, support and housing
- managing your finances
- supporting a person in the later stages of dementia
- end of life care and support.
It also tells you about services and support available from Alzheimer's Society and Other useful organisations.
2019: 184 pages, A5