Involving local businesses with dementia and care homes
Learn more about how local businesses have a role in Dementia Friendly Communities, and with care homes.
- Uniting care homes and communities
- Involving the community with dementia and care homes
- Involving young people with dementia and care homes
- You are here: Involving local businesses with dementia and care homes
- The care home and community engagement toolkit
One local building society has set up a knit and natter group in one home. We’ve linked in with our community fundraising team, and corporate partners have offered volunteering days, such as M&S in Bradford which helped develop an outside seating space.
Local clothes and charity shops have also put up temporary shops within homes to allow residents to buy items for themselves and their loved ones. As a result one home was inspired to set up their own permanent charity shop within the care home.