Paying for care

14. Complaints

If you have a complaint, first try to settle it with the local authority, NHS body or care home. Both health and social care complaints can ultimately be taken to the relevant ombudsman, but it is always necessary to try to resolve the issue locally first. The local authority and the local NHS clinical commissioning group should have a published complaints procedure that you can ask for. Funding decisions can be complicated. Some of the organisations listed in ‘Other useful organisations’ at the end of this factsheet may be able to help.