Philanthropy: Major giving and grants
Individual philanthropists, grant-making trusts and foundations play a transformative role in supporting people affected by dementia.
You are in a unique position to make a lasting difference for people affected by dementia.
By giving a major gift, you could help people living with dementia and their carers to access transformational support. Your gift can support the brightest minds in research to bring us closer to understanding how to prevent and stop dementia.
‘Alzheimer’s Society leads the UK’s fight against dementia. The team’s commitment, passion and drive are really impressive and I am very pleased to help them in their fight’
– David Hughes, Supporter
How we can work together
Our major supporters are partners in creating change. By joining this philanthropic community, you can be part of building a brighter future for everyone affected by dementia.
For gifts over £10,000, you can choose where the donation is spent. That could mean supporting researchers early in their careers, tackling extreme loneliness by focusing on immediate services, or amplifying the voices of people affected by dementia.
We work with every person and foundation individually. As a key philanthropic partner, you will have a designated point of contact who will work to recognise your support and communicate your impact in a way that suits you, while navigating your desired outcome from the relationship.
How your specialist knowledge can make a difference
Your knowledge and expertise are invaluable. If you have the time and desire to work with us in partnership, we have a number of opportunities for you to add value to, through your unique experience. Could one of these be your next project?
- Insurance United Against Dementia: Our flagship campaign making the insurance industry more inclusive and supportive for people affected by dementia.
- Sports United Against Dementia: Like our insurance campaign, this is building a more inclusive industry, from grassroots clubs to our partnership with the FA.
- Research Impact Fund: Donors can play a significant role in the breakthroughs that can lead to dementia risk reduction and improved diagnosis and treatments. The fund seeks to give researchers the best chance of making meaningful, game-changing discoveries leading to lifechanging impact for people affected by dementia.
What else do you need to know?
- The essentials: You can learn more about our impact and accounts by reading through our annual report.
- Increase your impact: By claiming Gift Aid as a higher rate tax payer, every £1,000 you donate could be worth over £1,700 to Alzheimer’s Society.
- Share the support: Donating shares is an easy and tax efficient way to support people affected by dementia.
Whether you are an individual philanthropist, want to make a significant donation as a family, or are part of a trust or foundation, you can play play a vital role in supporting people affected by dementia.