The care home and community engagement toolkit
Download materials to help unite care homes and communities, including our How-To Guide for care home managers and staff, plus posters, letter templates and more.
- Uniting care homes and communities
- Involving the community with dementia and care homes
- Involving young people with dementia and care homes
- Involving local businesses with dementia and care homes
- You are here: The care home and community engagement toolkit
Get our community engagement guide
Our How To Guide will give care home managers and staff guidance on how to create a community within care homes. The guide will explain how to bring members of the local community into the home to volunteer, befriend, run activities and form friendship groups with your residents.
Download community engagement guide
Reach your community
We want to make it as easy as possible for care homes to engage with local communities. Download our letter and poster templates to help reach locals in your area.
- Volunteer and make friends poster
- Volunteer with us poster
- Spare chair social poster
- Care home residents profile
- Confirmation of activity letter
- Contact letter for community groups
- Schools and colleges contact letter
Volunteer with us
We are currently recruiting Community Connector volunteers to bring care homes and communities closer in West Yorkshire.
If you are a great networker and would like to play a role in linking members of the community into care homes we would like to hear from you. As a volunteer you can play an important role in helping residents remain part of their community and reduce feelings of loneliness.
Find out more
If you would like a hard copy of the toolkit please contact our team via email.