- Event Type Trek or Run
- Date 5 May 2018
- Location Isle of Wight
- Registration Fee £60 (normally £80) - Full Challenge / £45 (normally £60) - Half Challenge / £30 (normally £40) - Quarter Challenge
- Fundraising Target £425 - Full Challenge / £275 - Half Challenge / £175 - Quarter Challenge
- Level Moderate - Tough depending on distance
106km of coastal paths, ups and downs, and highs and lows to experience before the finish line. It's a fantastic route to tackle with over 2,000 others. Walk it, jog it or run it - it's your challenge your way and we'll support you every step..
Set on the Isle of Wight, this stunning coastal challenge let's you choose the distance. Run, jog, walk - you decide! Visit the event website for more information.
Join us on 05 May 2018 for the experience of a lifetime.
Registration Fee: £60 (normally £75) - Full Challenge / £45 (normally £56.25) - Half Challenge / £30 (normally £37.50) - Quarter Challenge
Fundraising Target: £425 - Full Challenge / £275 - Half Challenge / £175 - Quarter Challenge
You need to raise 50% of your fundraising target at least 6 weeks before the event in order to confirm your place on the day. Don't worry, we're on hand to help you reach your goal, with lots of fundraising materials at the ready! Please get in touch for a chat if you have any questions, we're always happy to hear from you.
- Full Island (106km) or Half Island (1st half - 52km/ 2nd half - 54km) and Quarter Island (25km) options
- 1st Half Island – Chale to Northwood
- 2nd Half Island – Northwood to Chale
- 1st Quarter Challenge – Northwood to the Needles
- 4th Quarter Challenge – Culver Down to Chale
Download the Ultra Series brochure for further information
Stage 1 - Chale to The Needles
Stage distance: 21km Total: 21km Ascent 528m
Mid-point stop: Isle of Wight Pearl, 10km
Rest Stop: Nodwell Farm, Alum Bay 21km/25km
Stage 2 - The Needles to West Cowes
Stage distance: 31km Total: 52km Ascent: 265m
Mid-point stop: Hampstead Farm, 35km
Rest Stop: Northwood House, West Cowes, 52km
Stage 3 - Cowes to Culver Down
Stage distance: 28km Total: 80km Ascent: 480m
Mid-point stop: Simeon Street Recreation Ground, Ryde 66km
Rest Stop: Culver Down, Bembridge 80km
Stage 4 - Culver Down to Chale
Stage distance: 26km Total: 106km Ascent: 440m
MId-point stop: Ventnor Park 94km
The Finish!: Chale Recreation Ground 106km
What you'll get
When you fundraise for us, you’ll receive:
- a welcome pack with fundraising help and materials
- a free trekking top to represent us on the day
- detailed training guides for each distance and personalised support from our experts
- access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other challengers
- support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target
Action Challenge provide:
- FREE meals snacks and drinks at rest stops roughly every 12.5km and at the finish.
- Fully signed route, pace walkers, medics, massage and vehicles to support you
- Timing chips and a timing website for your friends to track you live, and a medal, t-shirt and glass of bubbly for all race finishers
- Training walks, runs and guides
If you have any fundraising questions, you can get in touch with a member of the Challenge Events team by emailing email@example.com, or give us a call on 0330 333 0804 and we will be delighted to help.