Great North Run
11 September 2022
Great North Run
|Event Type||Half marathon|
|Date||11 September 2022|
The Great North Run is the biggest half marathon in the World with over 57,000 runners taking part in the famous 13.1 mile event.
The course takes in the iconic Tyne Bridge and finishes in the coastal town of South Shields.
As well as helping to change the lives of people affected by dementia, there are some great benefits to joining our team for the Great North Run. Unite with us and we will support you through every step of your journey.
Whether you sign up for a charity place or already have your own place, by joining our team you will receive:
- Our support pack with everything you need to kick off your training and fundraising
- Comprehensive training plans and advice from our professional training coaches
- Tools and tips to help you make the most from training and fundraising, with regular newsletters to keep you motivated
- Your very own Alzheimer's Society technical running top to wear with pride, and iron on name letters
- Access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other runners
- The biggest cheers and the warmest welcome over race weekend; on the course and at our post-race marquee
- Our friendly Events Team on hand to help whenever you need us
We'd love to have you on team Alzheimer's Society. Charity places are available and you can sign up today. You'll be helping to change the lives of people affected by dementia and we will support you through every step of your journey.
You are more than welcome to register with us even if you have entered the ballot. If you are successful in the ballot, you can just let us know and we will put your registration fee towards your fundraising total.
Own place entries
Already have a place in the Great North Run? We’d love to have you on our team! We can help you prepare for the race, and send you a fundraising pack, training plan, running top and other helpful information for the big day! Please fill out our online form to get started.
We know that fundraising can be just as challenging as the event, but we’ll be here to support you every step of the way. When you sign up to run for us, you will receive a support pack with tips and advice to help you with your fundraising, allowing you to make a difference to people living with dementia.
How your money helps
Every penny you raise for Alzheimer’s Society helps provide vital support for people affected by dementia.
Kick-start your fundraising by setting up a JustGiving page. You can easily share your page with your friends, family and colleagues on social media and email.
With JustGiving your fundraising money is automatically sent to us, Gift Aid collected, and your sponsors thanked.
How to pay in your fundraising
There are a number of ways to pay in any cash donations you receive:
- Via JustGiving. You can pay in any cash donations directly to your JustGiving page and the money comes automatically to us.
- Pay in online by credit or debit card using our secure payment page.
- Pay over the phone with a credit or debit card by calling our lovely customer care team on 0330 333 0804.
- Cheques can be sent in with our paying in form to Customer Care, Alzheimer's Society, Scott Lodge, Scott Road, Plymouth, Devon, PL2 3DU
Not running? You can still do something incredible and make a difference to people affected by dementia.
Join our cheer team at the Great North Run. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to support our runners on the course. We'll kit you out with an Alzheimer's Society t-shirt and provide lots of cheer equipment so you can really make some noise! You'll even have the chance to get the best view in town and cheer runners on from our cheer bus!
With your help we aim to give our runners an amazing event day experience, boost them over the finish line, and set them on their way to raising even more money to change the lives of people affected by dementia. And we can guarantee you'll have a great time!