What is Flashback?
Step back in time with Flashback! From the 40s to the noughties, flower power to punk, this is your chance to have a blast with the past and unite with us against dementia. Simply pick a decade, era or year as your theme and plan your Flashback event however you like.
Do it individually or with a group (think workmates, friends or family), set a realistic target and enjoy!
Behind the fun, there is a very serious reason we're asking you to get involved in Flashback. Set to be the 21st century's biggest killer, dementia can devastate lives. And we'll never rest until we've beaten it. By taking part in Flashback, you'll be at the frontline of the big push towards our goal: a world without dementia. We can't do it without you!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your legwarmers and your glowsticks and get ready to venture back in time with Flashback!
Our fundraising kit is full of ideas on different ways to get involved. Some of our favourites include:
- Organise a dress down day at work wearing your favourite Flashback gear (think shell suits, neon, flares or flapper dresses, the options are endless)
- Host a Grease sing-a-long event
- Host a retro board game night. Mousetrap, Jenga, Guess who…. What’s your favourite?
Check out your free fundraising pack for even more exciting event ideas!
The health and safety of you and your loved ones is the most important thing right now. If you're planning a Flashback event, make sure you follow local and national guidance found at gov.uk/coronavirus. For tons of tips on making your event a roaring success even with the restrictions, contact your local community fundraiser or get in touch at [email protected].
Here's some helpful resources and posters to help you plan your Flashback event, plus fun and games!
Fun and games
Here are a few ways to pay in the money you have raised:
- Pay in online: Pay in your donations online at https://secure.alzheimers.org.uk/flashback
- Pay via cheque: Fill in our donation form and return along with your cheque
- Pay in by phone: Call 0330 333 0804 to pay in your donations using a credit or debit card.
- Set up a JustGiving page: Ask friends, family and colleagues to donate directly via your page, and these donations will come to us automatically.