The difference your gift could make
Dementia is responsible for more deaths in the UK than any other condition and somebody develops dementia every three minutes. At this moment, there are over 850,000 people in the UK living with dementia, with this number set to increase significantly in the near future.
- With a gift in your Will, you can help scientists build on the accumulated knowledge of the last 40 years, and carry out the painstaking work that has the potential to transform the lives of people living with dementia, now and in the future.
- A gift in your Will can help create a fairer world for people affected by dementia. It can be a powerful statement against injustice and help make sure we're here to continue to champion the rights of people living with dementia, their carers and families.
- By leaving a gift in your Will, you can help us maintain - and in the future, invest in and develop - our extensive range of support services for people living with dementia and their families.
Denise's story: 'Why I'm leaving a gift in my Will'
'At the moment, I just appreciate every single minute I get with my dad. He’s so full of life, and we share a wicked sense of humour. But all that could change.
‘Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia in 2015 only days before my Mum’s funeral. It was an incredibly painful time.
‘He won’t remember what he did yesterday, or even minutes before. Dad’s been known to tell the same story ten times in an hour.
‘I can’t change what will happen to Dad in the months and years to come, but I can’t accept that’s going to be a reality for my daughter, Amy. That’s why I’ve chosen to include Alzheimer’s Society in my Will.
‘In the here and now, Dad and I take each day as it comes. I reassure him that whatever happens in the later stages of the disease, I’ll be there with him.’
Unite with Denise toward a dementia-free future with a gift in your Will to Alzheimer’s Society
Order our free guide or call 0330 333 0804 to speak to your local Legacy Giving Officer
The guide contains:
- essential information on writing your Will
- a detailed guide to the executor’s role
- important contact information
- information on our Will writing support.
If you’ve already pledged a gift in your Will to Alzheimer’s Society, or are considering doing so, thank you so much. If you are happy to let us know your intentions, we would very much appreciate it to help us know we can plan far in the future.