Dementia-friendly media and broadcast guide
This toolkit provides helpful guidance and tips on best practice to make sure dementia is accurately and fairly reported in the media.
Get your copy
Dementia-friendly media guide: this free resource is full of tips and advice for all organisations in the industry
How dementia is portrayed in the media, arts and popular culture can have a huge impact on public attitudes towards the condition. So it's vital that you use fair and well-informed journalism when dealing with stories around dementia.
To help with this we've created a dementia friendly media toolkit, consulting with people affected by dementia and representatives across the Media industry.
What's in the toolkit
The toolkit includes:
- views of people with dementia on how dementia is portrayed in the media
- tips on how to interview someone with dementia
- language to use and avoid when talking about dementia
- guidance on how to portray dementia in documentaries, drama and comedies
- how Alzheimer’s Society can support the media
- information and statistics about dementia
- examples of good and bad practice.
Download the free guide
Complete a short form in order to access the dementia-friendly media and broadcast guide