Alzheimer's Society is committed to providing the highest possible quality of service and support for people affected by dementia and  anyone interested in the work we do.

However, we acknowledge that sometimes things do go wrong, and we encourage anyone to get in touch with us to let us know and allow us to put things right and improve for the future.

Our definition of a complaint

An expression of dissatisfaction with the standard of service, actions, policy or position of Alzheimer’s Society, our employees or volunteers from a third-party individual or group.

How to complain

Complaints should be made through the Customer Care team who can be contacted between 9-5 on 0330 333 0804 or at any time via our online form.

You can also make your complaint in writing by sending it to:

Customer Care Complaints Department
Alzheimer’s Society
43-44 Crutched Friars

What to include in your complaint

You should state clearly and briefly:

  • What went wrong
  • When and where it happened
  • Who was involved
  • What you want from your complaint
  • Your name, address and contact details (telephone and/or email).

What happens when you complain

Where possible the Customer Care team will answer your complaint directly. Where this is not possible your complaint will be:

  • Assessed and acknowledged within three working days telling you who will be dealing with your complaint and from whom to expect a response
  • Passed to the appropriate manager for investigation and response.

The person handling the investigation and response will then provide a full response to you within 20 working days of the original receipt.

The values and operating principles that govern all of our work also apply to the manner in which we handle complaints. Consequently you have the right to expect:

  • your complaint to be handled promptly and efficiently
  • the process to be transparent
  • to be treated with respect at all times.

Where more information is required, we may be in touch to ascertain further information or facts before making a full response.

What happens if I am not satisfied?

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, you may take your complaint to the appropriate external body. Details of which can be found here.

All complaints will be treated with an appropriate degree of confidentiality, and information will only be shared with staff as necessary to the investigation.