Grant Advisory Boards
See who makes up our Grant Advisory Boards and learn how they advise on the research we fund.
The Grant Advisory Boards are made up of leading experts in research and are in place to provide advice to the Society on decisions relating to the funding and management of our research projects.
The current membership of each board is listed below.
New board members needed
Our Grant Advisory Board members operate on a 3 year term (with the option to renew for a further three years).
We aim for an annual turnover of our Board members of approximately 25%.
Biomedical grant advisory board
- Professor Paul Ince (Chair), University of Sheffield
- Professor Stuart Allan, University of Manchester
- Professor David Attwell, University College London
- Dr Liz Coulthard, University of Bristol
- Professor Paul Francis, King's College London
- Dr Atticus Hainsworth, St George's University of London
- Professor Diane Hanger, Institute of Psychiatry, King' College London
- Dr Jenni Harvey, University of Dundee
- Professor Karl Herholz, University of Manchester
- Professor Clare MacKay, University of Oxford
- Professor Jonathan Mill, University of Exeter
- Professor Amrit Mudher, University of Southampton
- Professor Peter Passmore, Queen's University Belfast
- Professor John Potter, University of East Anglia
- Dr John Powell, King's College London
- Dr Rebecca Sims, Cardiff University
- Professor Andrea Tales, Swansea University
Care, implementation and public health grant advisory board
- Professor Steve Iliffe (Co-chair), University College London (Emeritus)
- Professor Ruth Boaden (Co-chair), University of Manchester Business School
- Professor Yoav Ben-Shlomo, University of Bristol
- Professor Richard Cheston, University of the West of England
- Professor Claire Goodman, University of Hertfordshire
- Professor Martin Knapp, London School of Economics
- Dr Iain Lang, University of Exeter
- Professor Iracema Leroi, University of Manchester
- Professor Jill Manthorpe, King's College London
- Professor Christine Milligan, Lancaster University
- Jo Moriaty, King's College London
- Dr Terence Quinn, Glasgow University
- Alison Rogan, Hornsey Consulting Ltd.
- Dr Liz Sampson, University College London
- Professor Claire Surr, Leeds Beckett University
- Professor Bob Woods, Bangor University
In order to maintain our position as a transparent funder and to protect our GAB members from accusations of bias, we have a conflict of interest policy.