What is Denim for Dementia?
Denim for Dementia will have you jumping in your jeans for a good cause! Get ready to don your denim and raise vital funds for Alzheimer's Society.
Take it to school, work or home and ask everybody to wear their finest denim and bring in a small donation.
What are you waiting for? Set up your Denim for Dementia day today!
Our free fundraising pack is full of ideas on different ways your school can get involved. Some of our favourites include:
- Choose a Denim for Dementia day and ask staff and pupils to bring in £1 in exchange for wearing denim for the day. Denim could be wearing jeans, jackets, dungarees, hats, shorts or anything made at home! Let your denim creativity go wild.
- Host a poster competition - ask each pupil to design a class denim for dementia poster and the winner gets displayed on the class door!
- Hold a denim awareness day and learn all you can from our wonderful Dementia Friends.
Don your finest denim for a workplace Denim for Dementia day! Check out our fundraising pack for ideas and inspiration on holding your own event and see some of our favourites below:
- Organise a dress down denim day at work, everyone brings in £1 or £2, or create a virtual collection tin online and ask for donations! Do you dare to double denim...?
- Raise awareness by becoming a dementia-friendly workplace.
- Have old jeans lying around or is that jean jacket from your teens going to waste? Hold a denim drive and swap your pre-loved denim pieces for a small donation.
Are you ready to dazzle in denim? Hold your own Denim for Dementia day with your family and friends. Sign up for our fundraising pack to get you started, or take a look at our favourite ideas below:
- Challenge friends to donate to your day on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or TikTok by using #DenimForDementia.
- Dress your dogs up in denim! Gather your dog-loving friends and dress up your pooches for a pound.
- Are you a member of a community group like a golf, rotary or cricket club? Bring everyone together with a Denim for Dementia event in your club venue or in a nearby green space and host fun activities for a great day out.
You and your family's wellbeing is the top priority. When taking part in Denim for Dementia, please follow local guidance at gov.uk/coronavirus.
Here are a few ways to pay in the money you raise:
- Pay in online: pay in your donations online at: https://secure.alzheimers.org.uk/denim-for-dementia/
- Pay in by phone: call 0330 333 0804 to pay in your donations using a credit or debit card.
- Set up a JustGiving page: ask friends, family and colleagues to donate directly via your JustGiving page and these donations will come to us automatically. Set up your JustGiving page now!
Be part of Denim for Dementia
Raising money to help beat dementia has never been so comfortable!