Communicating – other resources

Details of more organisations that can provide more information and support about communication with someone with sensory impairment.

Action on Hearing Loss

0808 808 0123
[email protected]

Action on Hearing Loss (formerly RND) provide information and support to people affected by hearing loss and tinnitus.

Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists

020 7378 3012
[email protected]

The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists is the professional body for speech and language therapists in the UK. They can assist you in finding an independent speech and language therapist in your area.

Hearing Link

07526 123255
[email protected]

Hearing Link is an organisation dedicated to improving the quality of life for those who are hard of hearing. They provide wallet communication cards which can be helpful.

Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)

0303 123 9999
[email protected]

The Royal National Institute of Blind People is a charity that offers support and advice to blind and partially sighted people in the UK.

Review information

Last reviewed: March 2016
Next review due: March 2019

Our information is based on evidence and need, and is regularly updated using quality-controlled processes. It is reviewed by experts in health and social care and people affected by dementia.

Reviewed by: June Neil, Training and Development Manager (Older People Complex Needs), UK Practice and Development Team, RNIB and Vicky Sadler, Deputy Head of Audiology & Hearing Therapist, IQIPS
Accredited service, Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Shrewsbury

To give feedback on this factsheet, or for a list of sources, please contact [email protected]

Think this page could be useful to someone? Share it: