Dementia awareness training
Improve your knowledge and understanding of dementia on our best-selling course, delivered by specially-trained dementia experts.
You will learn:
- The signs and symptoms of dementia
- How dementia affects behaviour, the senses and communication
- How to build positive relationships with people affected by dementia using increased knowledge, empathy and practical skills.
Prices start from £695 per day for up to 16 people.
One attendee said of the course:
This training has opened my eyes to some of the difficulties that people living with dementia experience on a daily basis.
Unless we understand how to better support people with dementia, they will continue to experience these difficulties, hence why this training is so vital.
Who should attend? This course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their knowledge and understanding of dementia.
Course level: Foundation (equivalent to Health Education England Tier 2 training)
Duration: One day
Prices: Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care and third sector: £695 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £795 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Private sector: £895 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
We do not charge VAT on our training, saving you 20%.
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: There are no pre-course requirements
Delegate numbers: 8 to 16 people per day. Additional delegates may attend (up to a maximum of 20) for an additional charge of £49 per person.
Alzheimer's Society certificate in dementia awareness
Attendees of Dementia awareness training are invited to sit our Alzheimer’s Society certificate in dementia awareness exam. This multiple choice exam tests participants' knowledge of dementia, attitudes towards people living with dementia and understanding of person-centred approaches to caring for and supporting people living with the condition.
The exam consolidates delegates learning from the training they have received and, upon successful completion, participants are awarded a certificate and badge in recognition of their achievement. The Alzheimer’s Society certificate in dementia awareness is priced at just £19 per person.