Living with dementia - Living alone
If you have dementia and live alone, this booklet is for you. Our guide on living alone is part of a series of nine booklets that have been written for people with dementia. Download a digital copy or order a printed version of the booklet here.
- Living with dementia - Driving
- Living with dementia - Employment
- Living with dementia - Keeping active and involved
- Living with dementia - Keeping safe at home
- You are here: Living with dementia - Living alone
- Living with dementia - Managing your money
- Living with dementia - Planning ahead
- Living with dementia - Your relationships
- Living with dementia - LGBTQ+
You may live alone for any number of reasons. Everyone’s situation will be different. But if you are living alone and you have dementia, then this booklet is for you.
It outlines practical ways to manage some of the challenges you may come across. This includes tips on staying healthy and active as well as on managing depression and loneliness. It also gives practical advice on doing everyday tasks, as well as tips on managing money and making plans for the future.
The booklet outlines some of the help and support that is available to you as a person with dementia living alone. By taking some of these small steps you can stay safe, in touch and independent for longer while living by yourself.
2020: 32 pages, A5