We are here to help
Our dementia advisers will listen and give you support and advice, and connect you to help you need.
Phone support is available seven days a week:
Support line opening hours:
- Monday to Wednesday: 9am – 8pm
- Thursday and Friday: 9am – 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10am – 4pm
You can also access peer support through our Dementia Support Forum.
*Calls charged at standard local rate
**All calls with the Dementia Support Line are recorded for training and quality purposes.
Dementia Support Line
For non-English speakers
If you speak Welsh, call our Welsh-speaking support line on 03300 947 400.
For callers who do not have English as their language of choice, we can arrange a simultaneous language translation service. Please call our English-speaking support line on 0333 150 3456, say the English word for the language you would like to use, end the call and wait. An interpreter will usually call you back within five minutes.
For people with speech or hearing difficulties
If you have speech or hearing difficulties and have a textphone or an adapted computer, you can use Text Relay to call our English-speaking Dementia Support Line on 18001 0300 222 1122.
‘It was just a relief to talk to someone who understood what we were going through’.
- Adrian, from Lancashire
We can offer you the option to receive regular calls from us so we can keep in touch, find out how you are and offer advice and support when things change. As this part of the service is new, it may not be available in your area just yet.
- Please note, the opening times mentioned above are our usual working hours. Very occasionally, the support line may have to close during these times. If you need support urgently, please call one of these other organisations and helplines.
- Support line calls may be recorded or monitored to help with training and evaluation and improve our services. Alzheimer’s Society complies with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).