Resources for GPs
Are you a GP? Get resources and information about how to support people affected by dementia.
Access further information and resources which may be of use to GPs.
Support for people with dementia and their carers
You may want to refer people with dementia and their carers to some of our information and services listed below.
- Dementia Connect is an online directory which enables people to search for dementia services and support in their local area.
- Alzheimer's Society's Dementia Connect support line on 0333 150 3456 offers confidential advice from trained advisers and can provide information, support, guidance and signposting to other appropriate organisations.
- Talking Point is an online community where help and advice is provided through peer support.
- The dementia guide is a comprehensive resource suitable for anyone recently diagnosed with dementia, or their carer. Read the dementia guide online or order free printed copies (up to 25).
- We produce a wide range of printed publications and resources.
- There is a lot of information available on our website. Key sections include About dementia, Symptoms and diagnosis, Living with dementia and Caring for a person with dementia.
Other helpful resources
- Dementia friendly signage - signage that can be downloaded and printed to help make your environment dementia friendly.
- BMJ learning module on the management of dementia in primary care, produced in association with Alzheimer's Society.
- DeAR-GP is a simple paper based case-finding tool which has been designed for use by care workers to identify people who are showing signs of dementia.
- GP practices can use our dementia friendly GP checklist to identify changes that can be made within your practice to better support people with dementia.