Dementia Awareness Week
Thanks to you, Dementia Awareness Week was a huge success!
This year's Dementia Awareness Week, which ran from 15 – 21 May, aimed to reach people who were worried about dementia and encouraged them to confront their concerns and come to the Alzheimer's Society for help and support – because life doesn't end when dementia begins.
Thanks to everyone who spread the message we achieved:
- Over 890,000 visits to the website for help, support and information
- Over 100,000 views of the film for the week, fronted by Welsh comedian Rhod Gilbert
- 2,220 pieces of national and regional media coverage
- More than 730 community based events taking place in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Over 13,500 people becoming Dementia Friends
- #DAW2016 was trending number one on Twitter
- Over 1,880 people filling in our online template and sharing what they wanted to say to dementia
Help raise awareness of the Week
Watch our film of Rhod Gilbert confronting dementia
Find out more about dementia
We've put together answers to some of the most common questions, so you can better understand dementia and get the support you need.