2. Mental wellbeing
Mental health and wellbeing is as important as physical health and wellbeing. When someone has dementia, they need:
- reassurance that they are still valued and that their feelings matter
- freedom from as much external stress as possible
- appropriate activities and stimulation to help them remain alert and motivated for as long as possible
- the opportunities to engage in activities that are meaningful and important to them
- healthy social interaction and relationships with others.