Welcome to the South Wales page. Here you can find out what is happening in your area, and how you can organise an event yourself.
Need some local fundraising support?
Your community fundraiser is here to give you a hand by offering you support, materials and advice. Alternatively, tell us about your fundraising idea and we will get in touch with you.
Community Fundraiser - South West Wales
Tel: 07725 600595 or 01269 597411
Community Fundraiser - South East Wales
Tel: 07484 510012 or 02920 475573
Community Fundraiser - Gwent
Tel: 07483 138049 or 01495 221459
Senior Regional Corporate Partnership Executive - Wales
Tel: 07834 501221 or 02920 475579
Join us on Facebook and Twitter
- Barn Dance - Friday 31 March 2017 - Earl Haig Club, Whitchurch, Cardiff
- Classical Concert - Saturday 1 April 2017 - Holy Cross Church, Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan
- Rock Against Dementia - Thursday 6 April 2017 - The New Crown Inn, Merthyr Tydfil
- Beechwood Stitchers Event - Monday 24 April 2017 - Beechwood Park Presbyterian Church Hall, Chepstow Road, Newport
- Dubs at the Castle - Friday 21 and Saturday 22 July 2017 - Caldicot Castle, Chepstow
- We will be featuring local news shortly.
Local volunteering opportunities
Do you have some time to spare? Everyone has something to contribute to the Society. Volunteering is flexible, ranging from a few hours a year to several hours a week. It's your choice.
A Gift in Your Will
Find out more information about leaving a Gift in your Will.
More about Alzheimer's Society in South Wales
In South Wales there are over 25,000 people living with dementia, and it is predicted that this figure will rise to over 30,000 by 2021.
There are support groups and local services which provide day care and home care for people with dementia, as well as support and befriending services to help partners and families cope with the demands of caring.