Welcome to the South Wales page. Here you can find out what is happening in your area, and how you can organise an event yourself.
Need some local fundraising support?
Your community fundraiser is here to give you a hand by offering you support, materials and advice. Alternatively, tell us about your fundraising idea and we will get in touch with you. The fundraising contact in your area is:
For any fundraising activity in South West Wales, please contact Chris on:
Tel: 07725 600595 or 01269 597411
For any fundraising activity in South East Wales, please contact Olivia on:
Tel: 02920 475573
For any fundraising activity in Gwent, please contact Rhia on:
Tel: 07483 138049 or 01495 221459
Other Members of the Wales Fundraising Team
If you are interested in how you and your company can support Alzheimer's Society please contact our Corporate Partnership Executive, Stacey on:
Senior Regional Corporate Partnership Executive - Wales
Tel: 07834 501221 or 02920 475579
Join us on Facebook and Twitter
- Dubs at the Castle - Friday 21 and Saturday 22 July 2017 - Caldicot Castle, Chepstow
Local Volunteering Opportunities
Do you have some time to spare? Volunteering is flexible; ranging from a few hours each year, to several days a week. It's your choice.
Please contact us to find out about volunteering opportunities in the South Wales.
- Thursday 1 June 2017 - Cardiff Canton Metro, Cowbridge Road East, Cardiff
- Thursday 1 June 2017 - Cardiff Capitol Metro, Capital Shopping Centre, Cardiff
- Friday 2 June 2017 - Culverhouse Cross Extra, Culverhouse Cross, Cardiff
- Friday 2 June 2017 - Cardiff Pengam Extra, Pengam Green, Cardiff
- Saturday 3 June 2017 - Chepstow Superstore, Station Road, Chepstow
- Saturday 3 June 2017 - Penarth Superstore, Terra Nova Way, Penarth
- Saturday 17 June 2017 - Cardiff Roath Metro, Albany Road, Cardiff
- Saturday 17 June 2017 - Caerphilly Crossways Superstore, Crossways Retail Park, Caerphilly
- Sunday 18 June 2017 - Cardiff Extra, Excelsior Road, Cardiff
- Thursday 22 June 2017 - Newport Spytty Extra, Spytty Road, Newport
- Thursday 22 June 2017 - Pontypridd Extra, Gelli-Hirion Ind Estate, Pontypridd
- Friday 30 June 2017 - Pontypool Superstore, Lower Bridge Street, Pontypool
- Satuday 22 July 2017 - Swansea Marina Superstore, Oystermouth Road, Swansea
If you would interested in volunteering at any of the above Tesco stores, please contact your local community fundraiser above.
More about Alzheimer's Society in South Wales
In South Wales there are over 25,000 people living with dementia, and it is predicted that this figure will rise to over 30,000 by 2021.
There are support groups and local services which provide day care and home care for people with dementia, as well as support and befriending services to help partners and families cope with the demands of caring.