How we can help during the coronavirus pandemic
Alzheimer’s Society is here for you, whatever your question. We can answer queries about all aspects of dementia, and offer advice and support for all associated challenges, including coronavirus.
Coronavirus support from Dementia Connect
- Call our Dementia Connect support line on 0333 150 3456. Or, if you speak Welsh, you can call our Welsh-speaking support line on 03300 947 400.
- Connect with other people affected by dementia via our online community Talking Point.
- Order from our full range of free publications
- Find online and telephone services through our dementia directory
- Find relevant dementia information and support with our online tool
We cannot offer personalised medical advice. But we will direct you towards other reliable sources. We also have advice on looking after your mental health.
Changes to our services
We have now temporarily suspended all our face-to-face and group services. We are replacing these with more telephone support calls and new versions of some services as follows:
- Welfare calls - these are phone calls from a trained staff member or volunteer. They will check on the person affected by dementia – their safety and wellbeing, and also offer advice or signposting to other support. Welfare calls are for everyone we currently support with one of our face-to-face services
Online/telephone group services - some of our group services are now being run over the internet, such as our popular service Singing for the Brain, or on the phone (Ring and Sing). To find out which services are looking for new members, please search our dementia directory.