Help us to raise money
Volunteer with our fundraising team and raise vital funding towards dementia research and support.
Find volunteering opportunities in your area
By volunteering with our Fundraising team you’ll have fun, meet new people and be able to put your skills to a fantastic use!
From the joy of cheering on our marathon runners to the heart-warming experience of handing out medals to Memory Walkers, volunteering for the Fundraising team is incredibly rewarding and a wonderful way to get involved with your local community.
Fundraising is crucial to the work we do - any money that gets raised helps people affected by dementia get the support they need today, and funds research that helps find a cure for tomorrow. By volunteering with the Fundraising team you’ll be helping us to raise these valuable funds for those that need it.
We have a huge range of exciting volunteering opportunities within our Fundraising team, which means that there’s something here for everyone! The best way to find out how you can get involved is to see what volunteering roles are listed in your local area.
Activities you could be part of include:
- Volunteer Fundraising Groups – lead and member. VFGs play a vital role in your local area organising events to raise much needed funds and awareness.
- Admin – office tasks, lead generator, volunteer recruiter. This role will provide office admin support to fundraisers within your region and is crucial to the success of the Regional Fundraising team.
- In the community – Fundraising ambassador/representative. This role provides support to the Community Fundraiser in the area, attending cheque presentations, giving talks about the work of Alzheimer’s Society and attending events as a representative of Alzheimer’s Society.
- In the community - collection tin volunteer. This role involves working with the Community Fundraiser and liaising with local businesses and organisations willing to host a collection tin. Part of your responsibility will be to collect these tins (hopefully full of donations!) and ensure we are able to bank the donations safely in order to reach more people affected by dementia.
- Event volunteer – for example carol concerts. This exciting role will provide support to Community Fundraisers within your region. The role involves supporting with events, bucket collections, engaging with supporters. For example, you can volunteer to marshal at our flagship Memory Walk events or bring your enthusiasm to one of our cheer teams at our running events!
Absolutely! No experience is required as we’ll provide full training where needed.