7 April 2024
|Date||7 April 2024|
The Brighton Marathon offers a stunning coastal backdrop, taking runners past the best the city has to offer. Run along the glorious seafront and cross the finish line in front of thousands of cheering spectators, just in time for an ice cream by Brighton Pier.
Running for Alzheimer’s Society
Take on the Brighton Marathon for Alzheimer's Society and help stop dementia devastating lives. You'll need to pay a registration fee of £20 and set a fundraising target of £550. We'll be there to support you every step of the way, and the money you raise will help fund vital support and life-changing research.
When you run for us, you'll receive:
- a support pack with fundraising help and materials
- a free running top to wear on race day
- detailed training guides for different abilities and personalised support from our experts
- access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other runners
- support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target
- the biggest cheers on race day and an invite to our post-race marquee for well-deserved refreshments.
Own place entries
If you already have a place in the Brighton Marathon, you can use your place to run for Alzheimer's Society and get ready to feel sublime, knowing that you're helping people living with dementia.
You'll have no registration fee and we'll be there to support you every step of the way. Simply set your own fundraising target and we'll work with you to help you smash it.
Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society
We know that fundraising can be just as challenging as the event, but our expert team will be on hand to help. Your support pack will get you started, and we’ll be in regular contact with support, advice and ideas.
Kick-start your fundraising by setting up a JustGiving page. You can easily share your page with your friends, family and colleagues on social media and email, plus everything happens automatically.
The money you donate is sent to us, Gift Aid collected, and your sponsors thanked. Job done!
Fundraising for your run
From posters and sponsorship forms to social media badges and advice on promoting an event, find all the resources you need to smash your fundraising in our hub.
Frequently asked questions
You can order your top when you complete our registration form or by emailing [email protected] with your size (XS to XXL) and style (vest/t-shirt).
If you have let us know your size, we will send your top to you in the post approximately a month before race day.
We’ll send out a link to our Training Zone in your welcome emails. Here you will find our training guide and plans for every ability plus loads of other advice covering areas including nutrition, injuries and tapering.
We’ll also give you contact details for our expert running coaches, so you get in touch directly with any questions.
If you’re collecting money on a JustGiving page, there’s nothing you need to do, your sponsorship comes directly to us.
If you have collected any cash, you can bank it and pay in using one of these options:
- Pay the donations directly onto your JustGiving page if you have one.
- Pay in online using our secure payment page.
- Send a cheque made payable to Alzheimer’s Society, Suite 2, 1st Floor East Wing, Plumer House, Tailyour Road, Plymouth, PL6 5DH. Please include our paying in form so we have your event details.
- Pay over the phone with a credit or debit card. Call our lovely customer care team on 0300 222 5808.
We ask that you please send in all donations within 6 weeks of the event.
Of course! Please let us know when you sign up by creating a team. Your team members can then join you by clicking on the ‘find’ button and typing in either the team captain’s name or your team name.
The fundraising target for charity places is still £550 per person but you're welcome to combine your targets into one team total.
This event is open to everyone aged 18 or over on race day.
Contact us about this event
Got a question about this event? Get in touch and we'll respond as soon as we can.