Kew Gardens Half Marathon
10 April 2022
Kew Gardens Half Marathon
|Date||10 April 2022|
The Kew Gardens Half Marathon is a brand new event, part of 'Kew The Run' from the Runfest team, along with the Kew Gardens 10k.
Starting at The Orangery, the Kew Gardens Half Marathon is a flat course that takes you through the stunning and iconic Royal Botanical Gardens.
Running for Alzheimer’s Society
We'd love to have you on Team Alzheimer's Society, and you'll be helping to change the lives of people affected by dementia. You’ll pay a registration fee of £35 and have a fundraising target of £350, and we’ll support you through every step of your journey.
Our charity places are now closed but you can register your interest for 2023.
When you run for us, you'll receive:
- a support pack with fundraising help and materials
- a free running top to wear on race day
- detailed training guides for different abilities and personalised support from our experts
- access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other runners
- support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target
- the biggest cheers on race day and an invite to our post-race marquee for well-deserved refreshments.
Own place entries
If you already have your own place in the Kew Gardens Half Marathon, you can use it to change the lives of people affected by dementia. By joining our team you’ll receive all the same support as our charity place runners.
You’ll have no registration fee or fundraising target, but we’ll help you raise as much as you can.
Fundraising for Alzheimer's Society
We know that fundraising can be just as challenging as the event, but our expert team will be on hand to help. Your support pack will get you started, and we’ll be in regular contact with support, advice and ideas.
Kick-start your fundraising by setting up a JustGiving page. You can easily share your page with your friends, family and colleagues on social media and email, plus everything happens automatically.
The money you donate is sent to us, Gift Aid collected, and your sponsors thanked. Job done!
Fundraising for your run
From posters and sponsorship forms to social media badges and advice on promoting an event, find all the resources you need to smash your fundraising in our hub.
Frequently asked questions
When will I receive my running top?
You can order your top when you complete our registration form or by emailing [email protected] with your size (XS to XXL) and style (vest/t-shirt).
If you have let us know your size, we will send your top to you in the post approximately a month before race day.
When will I receive training support?
We’ll send out a link to our Training Zone in your welcome emails. Here you will find our training guide and plans for every ability plus loads of other advice covering areas including nutrition, injuries and tapering.
We’ll also give you contact details for our expert running coaches, so you get in touch directly with any questions.
How do I pay in my fundraising?
If you’re collecting money on a JustGiving page, there’s nothing you need to do, your sponsorship comes directly to us.
If you have collected any cash, you can bank it and pay in using one of these options:
- Pay the donations directly onto your JustGiving page if you have one.
- Pay in online using our secure payment page.
- Send a cheque made payable to Alzheimer’s Society to Alzheimer’s Society, Scott Lodge, Scott Road, Plymouth, PL2 3DU. Please include our paying in form so we have your event details.
- Pay over the phone with a credit or debit card. Call our lovely customer care team on 0330 333 0804.
When do I need to pay in my fundraising?
We ask that you please send in all donations within 6 weeks of the event.
Can I fundraise in a team?
Of course! Please let us know when you sign up by creating a team. Your team members can then join you by clicking on the ‘find’ button and typing in either the team captain’s name or your team name.
The fundraising target for charity places is still £350 per person but you're welcome to combine your targets into one team total.
Is there an age limit?
This event is open to everyone aged 17 or over on race day.