Understanding dementia and learning disabilities
Gain the knowledge and skills to confidently support people living with dementia and learning disabilities.
You will learn:
- The signs and symptoms of dementia and learning disabilities
- How the conditions affect behaviour and communication
- How to engage people in meaningful activities to promote independence and wellbeing.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to improve their knowledge and understanding of dementia and learning disabilities.
Course level: Foundation (equivalent to Health Education England Tier 2 training)
Duration: One day
Prices: Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care: £595 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Third sector: £749 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £795 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Private sector: £995 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
Please note: we do not charge VAT on our training, saving you 20%.
Delegate numbers: 8 to 16 people per day. Additional delegates may attend (up to a maximum of 20) for an additional charge of £49 per person.
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: There are no pre-course requirements.