Supporting people with dementia over the phone
Get the skills you need to be able to communicate effectively over the phone with people living with dementia.
You will learn:
- How to recognise when a customer may be experiencing communication difficulties
- Skills in active listening and how to adapt your communication style to support vulnerable customers
- How to identify strengths that people living with dementia retain in their speech and language.
Prices start from £395 per half day for up to 16 people.
One attendee said of the course:
The course was fantastic! The trainer was brilliant; he was very open and honest with us. I have come away from the course with lots of plans for how we can help our vulnerable callers.
Who should attend? This course is suitable for all customer-facing staff who interact with clients over the phone.
Course level: Foundation
Duration: Half day (3 hours)
Pricing: Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care and third sector: £395 plus expenses per half day for up to 16 people
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £395 plus expenses per half day for up to 16 people
- Private sector: £449 plus expenses per half day for up to 16 people.
We do not charge VAT on our training, saving you 20%.
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training.
Pre-course requirements: Delegates are required to read a short dementia factsheet ahead of the training, which will be provided by Alzheimer's Society.
Delegate numbers: 8 to 16 people per session. Additional delegates may attend (up to a maximum of 20) for an additional charge of £49 per person.