Supporting people with dementia over the phone
Gain the tools you need to be able to communicate effectively over the phone with people living with dementia.
Half day course from £395 for up to 16 people
- Recognise situations where the recipient might not interpret our message in the way it was intended.
- Understand the different elements involved in two way communication
- Identify strengths that people living with dementia retain in their speech and language.
- Recognise the emotions that communication difficulties can cause
- Describe the difficulties that the lack of body language creates when communicating over the telephone
- Recognise how and when to use empathetic communication techniques
- Identify positive impact and areas for improvement
To book a course or for more information, please contact the Training and Consultancy team on 01904 567909 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, please make an online enquiry and we'll get back to you.
Pricing: Our training is flexible and cost-effective - we do not charge VAT.
Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
Social care and third sector: £395 excluding expenses
Health care and statutory sector: £395 excluding expenses
Private sector organisations: £449 excluding expenses
Who should attend? Staff who interact with people living with dementia over the phone.
Course level: Introductory
Course category: Foundation
Course duration: Half day face to face training or 2 x half days delivered in one day
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: There are no special pre-course requirements
Delegate numbers: The course is for between 8-16 delegates and can be run as a half day course or as two half days in one making a full day course. An extra charge will apply for additional delegates up to a maximum of 20.