Engaging people with dementia
Get the knowledge and skills to meaningfully engage with people with dementia on this intermediate course.
You will learn:
- How to conduct baseline assessments of people living with dementia and their care setting
- The important link between meaningful engagement and wellbeing
- How to recognise and overcome barriers to meaningful engagement
- Learn how to use person-centred planning and risk management tools to support people with dementia to retain their independence.
Prices start from £595 per day for up to 16 people.
Who should attend? This course is suitable for anyone working or volunteering within Health and Social Care. Attendees should have existing knowledge of dementia and/or experience of supporting someone affected by the condition.
Course level: Intermediate (equivalent to Health Education England Tier 2 training)
Duration: One day
Prices: Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care: £595 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Third sector: £749 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £795 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Private sector: £995 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
We do not charge VAT on our training, saving you 20%.
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: Delegates should have attended Dementia awareness training or have equivalent knowledge and/or experience of supporting someone living with dementia.
Delegate numbers: 8 to 16 people per day. Additional delegates may attend (up to a maximum of 20) for an additional charge of £49 per person.