After a diagnosis
After receiving a diagnosis of dementia, it is important to consider what to do next. To help with this, you may want to find out more about dementia so that you can get a better idea of what to expect.
You may also want to think about driving, health, legal decisions, working, money and benefits. Planning for the future can make things easier to manage later on so take advantage of all the advice, services and support available to you.
For more information and details of sources of support, read our factsheet After a diagnosis.
You may also want to look at our Living with dementia section
Watch Linda's story about getting a diagnosis and keeping active (duration 2:46)
- Rebuilding an active life after dementia diagnosis
- Living well with dementia after diagnosis (bi-lingual Welsh/English)
- Living with dementia booklet ' Keeping involved and active'
- Living with dementia booklet ' Who are all these health professionals?'
- Living with dementia
- Legal and financial
- Infographic - information on how well people are living with dementia
- Your support network