Get to know our teams
Our 10,000 volunteers and 1,700 employees are committed to creating a world without dementia.
We're proud of the passionate and dedicated people that make up Alzheimer’s Society. From our Singing for the Brain volunteers, to our Finance Business Partners, our network operates with the goal of creating a world without dementia.
Our committed and diverse community come from a range of backgrounds, and by combining their vast array of skills and experience, we've been able to create tangible change for those affected by dementia.
Build your career with us
Our colleagues have a direct impact on the lives of people affected by dementia. Because of who we are, what we do, and how we do it, working here is never just a job. It’s an amazing opportunity to build relationships, learn more, develop your leadership skills and build your career.
If you're ready to reach your full potential, then we'd love to hear from you
Volunteer with us
Join the thousands of Alzheimer's Society volunteers already taking on dementia.
Whatever your skills or interest, and no matter how much time you have to give, you could become part of our amazing work.
There are many different volunteering opportunities, from supporting our dementia services, raising awareness, to volunteering in our offices. You can choose a role that suits you; giving time regularly or a few hours a year at one of our Memory Walks.
However you decide to support, you'll be helping us to change the lives of people affected by dementia.
At the heart of Alzheimer’s Society is our commitment to those affected by dementia.
We understand those living with dementia need us to be prepared for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
Together, our staff and volunteer network incorporate our values into all aspects of their roles, making sure our focus on the future is in caring and capable hands.
We are the proud winners of the following awards:
- To be featured as a Times Best Places to Work in 2023
- Menopause Friendly Employer 2023 (accreditation)
- Cannes Lions Awards 2023 – Bronze Award, Charity Not Profit for the Ultimate Vow
- Gold in the British Arrows Awards for both Casting and Cinematography for Dementia Awareness Week film 'It's not called getting old” 2022
- Outdoor Media Awards in the National Social Impact category for our film It's not called getting old, it’s called getting ill” 2022
- Awarded a top faith-inclusive employer at the VERCIDA Awards 2018
- Winner of ‘Excellence in Internal Communications’ at Charity Times 2017
- Winner in the best Not for Profit programme category in the Training Journal Awards 2017
- Most Admired Charity award at the Third Sector Awards 2015
- Winner of the Employee Engagement category at the HR Distinction Awards
- Best Reward/Recognition Initiative at the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) People Management Awards 2023
- Winner: Welsh Charity Awards: Alzheimer’s Society Cymru dementia support telephone service, 2023.