Get to know our teams
Our 10,000 volunteers and 2,600 employees are committed to creating a world without dementia. Take a look at the type of roles we have, and how they fit in the wider organisation.
Our Digital Directorate is driving a transformation programme that will radically change the way we work across the organisation with respect to digital.
- Digital – including digital marketing and social media, digital content, digital fundraising
- Information Systems and Information Technology
The Deal on Dementia is an ambitious, new strategy. Our Fundraising team ensure that we have the financial resource to deliver it, so we can fight dementia forever.
- Individual Giving
- Legacies and Recognition Giving
- Regional Fundraising
- Corporate Partnerships
- Customer Services and Insight
- Cause and Donor Impact
Campaigns and Partnerships
Our Campaigns and Partnerships team lead Alzheimer’s Society’s work engaging with people affected by dementia, health and social care and wider society in a dynamic movement for change.
- Community Engagement team (Dementia Friends, Dementia Friendly Communities). Find out more about Dementia Friendly Communities.
- Policy and Public Affairs. Find out more about our campaigns
Marketing and Communications
Our Marketing and Communications team protects, promotes and enhances the work, brand and reputation of Alzheimer’s Society, its volunteers and employees and those using its services.
- Marketing and Brand
- Celebrity Liaison
Operations ensure that people affected by dementia get the support they need, by delivering our face-to-face and national information and support services.
- National Services - ensure that the Society’s information (either online, publications or verbally) is fully accessible and effective for people affected by dementia and the general public.
- Local Services - covers the delivery of direct support and Side by Side services, across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Commercial Intelligence and Outreach – ensure Alzheimer’s Society develops and delivers strategically aligned commercial activities to the highest standard.
- Transformation and Strategic Change - Responsible for horizon scanning both internally and externally to understand the future needs for Operations and to lead on the necessary business transformation to deliver on it.
- Safeguarding and Quality - ensuring that the Society is compliant with law and adheres to national and statutory safeguarding best practices.
People and Organisational Development
We want every one of our volunteers and employees to feel inspired, capable and empowered to help create a world without dementia.
- HR Operations
- HR Business Partnering
- Organisational Development
- Internal Communications and Engagement
- Volunteering Development
Research and Development
Our Research team are working towards a world without dementia, by coordinating our research programme, liaising with scientists and managing our Research Network. They also ensure that dementia research and science is communicated correctly.
- Research – including the grants programme, research engagement and research communications
- Research Development and Evaluation – including research translations and evaluation programmes
Finance, planning and Performance
Strategy and Change is the backbone of the Society, providing functional expertise in a number of areas to help deliver improved performance across the Society.
- Property and Facilities
- Planning and Performance
- Quality and Risk
- Health and Safety
- Project Management
We are the proud winners of the following awards:
- Winner of ‘Excellence in Internal Communications’ at Charity Times 2017
- Winner in the best Not for Profit programme category in the Training Journal Awards 2017
- Most Admired Charity award at the Third Sector Awards 2015
- Winner of the Employee Engagement category at the HR Distinction Awards