Our Accelerator Programme invests in innovations to improve the lives of people affected by dementia.
Do you have an idea for a product or service that will change lives?
Engineers, designers, developers, innovators, entrepreneurs, or anyone with a good idea – we want to hear from you.
Your idea could be a simple product that makes an everyday task easier for a person living with dementia. You may have an innovative idea for a new service or way of working for care home staff.
To bring your idea to life, our programme offers a 12-month partnership including:
investment up to a value of £100,000
an expert innovation buddy from Alzheimer’s Society to develop their idea during a 12-month partnership
an opportunity to test your product or service with people affected by dementia.
Please note, our Accelerator Programme is currently closed to applications. The next round will open in Autumn 2022.
Hear from previous applicants of the Accelerator Programme
Our Innovation team was joined by previous successful applicants to the Alzheimer’s Society Accelerator Programme on Monday 11 October 2021 to discuss their journey to date and answer any questions potential applicants had.
Watch the recording of this one-hour webinar:
Who can apply?
We are looking for applications from teams or individuals at any stage of the product development journey, from a great idea that needs testing through to proven products that need a push to maximise their reach.
By backing passionate people with innovative ideas, we’ll accelerate the development of new products and services with the potential to benefit thousands of people.
How do I apply?
The Accelerator Programme is currently closed to applications. The next round will open in Autumn 2022.
The application process is as follows:
- Create a two-minute video introducing yourself and your idea for a product or service. Your video doesn’t need to be professional – a recording from a smartphone uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo would be suitable.
- Complete the application form and include a link to your video. Make sure you've thought about the details of your idea, and really focus on the benefits for people affected by dementia.
- Fill in our project partnership plan and budget template to outline how you will work and forecast how you will use the investment across 12 months.
How will my idea be reviewed?
Alzheimer’s Society will review and shortlist applications. Shortlisting will be based on a number of criteria, such as:
- Originality of the product or service
- Impact on people affected by dementia
- Desirability and feasibility of the product or service for people affected by dementia
- Financial sustainability of the product or service.
The shortlist will then be invited to interview by a panel including people affected by dementia and industry experts who will decide which applicants to accept into the programme.
Alzheimer’s Society will work closely with successful applicants to establish the terms of our investment in order to ensure our Accelerator Programme remains sustainable and can continue to invest in ideas that will help people affected by dementia.
How will Alzheimer's Society support successful applicants?
We know that bringing a great idea to life and making it grow is not just about the money.
In addition to financial support, each successful applicant will be assigned a buddy from our Innovation team to guide you through the process of bringing your idea to life.
Your Innovation team buddy will help you benefit from the depth of knowledge and experience held by people affected by dementia, our staff and volunteers.
- Page last reviewed: