Volunteer at Memory Walk
Volunteering at Memory Walk is an amazing experience. You and hundreds of others across the country will help us to run the most uplifting event, and raise funds to make a vital difference by providing help and hope to people affected by dementia. Memory Walk simply couldn't happen without the incredible support of our volunteers.
We aren't currently recruiting volunteers. Watch this space for more information about how you can join our team of amazing volunteers in 2024.
What to expect
Our events can’t happen without you, and we do our best to make it a day to remember.
- Make sure to come prepared with suitable footwear, clothing and a charged mobile phone.
- You’ll receive a face-to-face briefing from the Event Team before the event starts and be allocated your volunteer role on the day.
- We’ll be keeping you up to date through email communication in the lead up to the event, outlining your role and what you can expect from volunteering at the event.
Volunteer arrival time is typically 8:45am (check your emails once you’ve registered for your exact event details!) and you’ll need to be able to commit to around 6 hours of volunteering at the event.
Don’t worry if you can’t stick around for the whole day, just make sure to get in touch with us to let us know that you’ll need to head off a little earlier.
You will be based on the walk routes, or in the event site. In these roles, you will meet lots of walkers and soak up the amazing event atmosphere!
Volunteers who are based in the event site can take on a variety of different roles throughout the day, including:
- selling merchandise
- answering walker questions
- helping keep the event area clean, tidy and safe
- signposting walkers to the correct areas
- handing out medals at the finish line!
Route volunteers are absolutely essential to giving walkers a brilliant experience at the event. People in these roles will be positioned at key points on the walk route and will:
- Ensure walkers are heading in the right direction.
- Motivate and cheer people on as they complete their Memory Walk.
- Monitor and report back on route progress to the event team.
Back markers are a crucial element of making Memory Walk a safe event and have the unique advantage of getting to walk the whole event alongside our wonderful participants. In this role you will:
- Follow behind the last walkers
- Take down route signage
- Release route marshals from their points
What we provide
Volunteering at Memory Walk also comes with some exclusive perks:
- A jazzy high visibility vest.
- A lanyard with all the safety information you need.
- A full event briefing about the event and your volunteer role.
If you have any questions about volunteering for us, check out our event FAQs for more information.
Volunteer at Memory Walk
Find a walk near you and register your interest to volunteer at your chosen Memory Walk.