Volunteer at Memory Walk
Volunteering at Memory Walk is an amazing experience. You and hundreds of others across the country will help us to run the most uplifting event, and raise funds to make a vital difference in the fight against dementia.
Sign up to volunteer at Memory Walk
Volunteering is such a rewarding way to be involved in Memory Walk. Signing up is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Find your nearest walk and select 'volunteer' to get started.
Our events can't happen without you, but don't just take our word for it - hear about it directly from our volunteers!
Tell me more about volunteering
When you sign up, you can indicate which area of Memory Walk you would prefer to volunteer in - event site or route. The team allocates roles on the day of the event, and will always try to place you in a role that matches your preference. All roles are suitable for individuals or groups, so grab a friend to join you and enjoy the day together!
For most Memory Walk events, our volunteers are asked to arrive at 08:30, but this time is confirmed in the emails you receive before the event.
When you arrive, you will meet your fellow volunteers and the event team, and be allocated into your role. The day will finish after the last walkers have crossed the finish line, which is usually around15:00. Then you can head home, put your feet up and treat yourself to a cuppa after a brilliant day!
Event site roles
Volunteers who are based in the event site can take on a variety of different roles throughout the day, including:
- Selling merchandise.
- Answering walker questions.
- Helping keep the event area clean, tidy and safe.
- Signposting walkers to the correct areas.
- Handing out medals at the finish line!
Route volunteers are absolutely essential to giving walkers a brilliant experience at the event. People in these roles will be positioned at key points on the walk route and will:
- Ensure walkers are heading in the right direction.
- Motivate and cheer people on as they complete their Memory Walk.
- Monitor and report back on route progress to the event team.
- Walk at the back of each wave of walkers to ensure everyone finishes the walk safely.
What we provide
Volunteering at Memory Walk also comes with some exclusive perks:
- Your own volunteer t-shirt.
- A snazzy branded hi-viz vest.
- A full event briefing before walkers arrive so you know lots about the event and your role.
- A hot drink, snack and bottle of water.