Volunteer at Glow
Volunteering at Glow is an amazing experience. You and hundreds of others across the country will help us to run the most exciting event, and raise funds to make a vital difference in the fight against dementia.
Volunteering roles at Glow
Event site volunteers
Volunteers who are based in the event site can take on a variety of different roles throughout the evening, including:
- selling merchandise
- answering walker questions.
- helping keep the event area clean, tidy and safe
- signposting walkers to the correct areas.
- handing out medals at the finish line!
Route volunteers are absolutely essential to giving walkers a brilliant experience at the event. People in these roles will be positioned at key points on the walk route and will:
- ensure walkers are heading in the right direction.
- motivate and cheer people on as they complete their Glow walk.
- monitor and report back on route progress to the event team.
- walk at the back of each wave of walkers to ensure everyone finishes the walk safely.
What you'll receive
When you volunteer at Glow, we'll provide you with:
- your own volunteer t-shirt.
- a snazzy branded hi-viz vest.
- a full event briefing before walkers arrive so you know lots about the event and your role.
- a hot drink, snack and bottle of water.
If you have any questions about volunteering for us, check out our event FAQs for more information.