Becoming a deputy - more resources

Get details of organisations that can provide guidance about becoming a deputy for a person with dementia.

Useful organisations

Court of Protection

The Court of Protection makes decisions and appoints deputies to act on behalf of people who are unable to make decisions about their personal health, finance or welfare.

0300 456 4600
[email protected]


Website of lots of government agencies and departments, including information on deputyship at the address below.

Office of the Public Guardian

The OPG supervises deputies, and is able to provide deputies with guidance and support.

0300 456 0300
customerservice[email protected]

Solicitors for the Elderly

An independent, national organisation of lawyers, such as solicitors, barristers and legal executives, who provide specialist legal advice for older and vulnerable people, their families and carers.

0844 800 9710
[email protected]

More information

Last reviewed: January 2018
Next review due: January 2021

Reviewed by: Holly Chantler, Partner, Morrisons Solicitors and Director, Solicitors for the Elderly.

This information has also been reviewed by people affected by dementia.

To give feedback on this information, or for a list of sources, email [email protected]

Think this page could be useful to someone? Share it: