Replacement (respite) care - more resources

Find the details of organisations that can give you more information and guidance on Replacement Care.

Care Quality Commission

CQC National Customer Service Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4PA

T 0300 061 6161
E [email protected]

Regulates, inspects and reviews all adult social care services in the public, private and voluntary sectors in England.

Carers UK

20 Great Dover Street
London SE1 4LX

T 0808 808 7777
E [email protected]

Provides information and advice about caring, alongside practical and emotional support for carers.

Carers Trust

32-36 Loman Street
London SE1 0EH

T 0844 800 4361
E [email protected]

Works to improve support services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.

Shared Lives

G04 The Cotton Exchange
Old Hall Street
Liverpool L3 9JR

T 0151 227 3499

UK network for family-based and small-scale ways of supporting adults through Shared Lives carers.


T 0808 802 2000 (helpline, 9am-8pm weekdays)
E [email protected]

Turn2us helps people in financial need gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help.

They also provide information on grants that may be able to support people to access help and support.

More information

Last reviewed: April 2015
Next review due: April 2018

Reviewed by: Tish Hanifan, Barrister and Joint Chair, Society of Later Life Advisers and Jane Finnerty, Joint Chair, Society of Later Life Advisers

This information has also been reviewed by people affected by dementia. A list of sources is available on request.

Next Section
You are on the last page