Dementia Action Week 2020 will take place on Monday 11 - Sunday 17 May.
In 2019 we saw thousands of people take action across England, Wales and Northern Ireland to help people living with dementia in their communities. The main action in 2019 promoted everyone to start conversations with people living with dementia they know to reduce isolation and loneliness.
Alzheimer’s Society brought the Week to life with our #AskUsAnything film, showing kids interview people living with dementia to challenge misconception and show that people living with dementia, although have struggles, are still themselves and all you need to do is ask.
- We’ve seen an incredible, 8 million views of our films for the Week so far
- Over 1,000 local events took place across our three nations
- We created 28,000 new Dementia friends
- Over 250 people became Side by Side volunteers
- We raised over £250,000 to fund our vital services for people affected by dementia
Thank you. We couldn’t have done it without all of you, our amazing supporters!