Dementia Hero Awards 2021
The Dementia Hero Awards 2021, sponsored by Tunstall Healthcare, will showcase the stories of people doing outstanding things during the pandemic – our dementia heroes.
About the Dementia Hero Awards
Throughout the pandemic individuals, groups and organisations did outstanding things to support people affected by dementia. We want to recognise these dementia heroes.
The awards will recognise the inspirational achievements of those who care for people with dementia, those finding innovative solutions in research, and the campaigners and media fighting for the rights of people with dementia.
Dates for your diary
The Dementia Hero Awards ceremony will take place during Dementia Action Week 2021.
- Nominations deadline: Friday 5 March
- Date of awards: Thursday 20 May
- Location: Virtual
- Time: 7pm (subject to change)
- Dementia Hero Award for Outstanding Achievement
- Dementia Hero Award for Care and Compassion
- Dementia Hero Award for Professional Excellence
- Dementia Hero Award for Campaigning
- Dementia Hero Award for Research
- Dementia Hero Award for Innovation
- Dementia Hero Award for Dementia Friendly Business
- Dementia Hero Award for Fundraising
- Dementia Hero Award for Print / Online Journalism
- Dementia Hero Award for Broadcast Journalism
- Dementia Hero Award for Dementia Voice
Read more about each of this year's award categories.
The Dementia Hero Awards 2021 is sponsored by Tunstall Healthcare
'For over 60 years, Tunstall has pioneered the development of technology that enables independent living and new models of care delivery, improving the lives of more than five million people worldwide.
'We empower people, including those living with dementia, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and long-term conditions, to live as independently, happily and healthily as they can.
'As technology advances, we have the capability to not just react to events, but to predict and even prevent them using data-driven insights. This Cognitive Care approach provides an intelligent solution which connects services, helping to transform the way health and care is delivered.'
Visit their website: www.tunstall.co.uk
Find them on Twitter: @TunstallHealth
Who will you nominate?
Do you know a Dementia Hero who needs to be recognised? Nominate them before Friday 5 March 2021.