2. Research Strategy Council
The Research Strategy Council (RSC) comprises lead scientists who work at the forefront of dementia research in the UK.
Council members advise the Society on the direction and focus of the research strategy, and act as ambassadors for dementia research and Alzheimer's Society.
The RSC members are listed below.
- Professor Carol Brayne (Co-Chair), University of Cambridge
- Professor Nick Fox (Co-Chair), University College London.
- Professor David Allsop, Lancaster University.
- Professor Murna Downs, University of Bradford.
- Professor Steven Gentleman, Imperial College, London.
- Professor Clive Holmes, University of Southampton
- Professor Pat Kehoe, University of Bristol
- Professor Simon Lovestone, University of Oxford
- Professor John O'Brien, University of Cambridge.
- Professor Esme Moniz-Cook, University of Hull.
- Professor Gordon Wilcock, Alzheimer’s Society trustee, University of Oxford (Emeritus)
- Cathy Bird, Research Network Volunteer and RSC lay representative