Assessment for care and support - other resources

Get details of organisations that can provide information on assessment and support in England. 

Useful organisations

Age UK

0800 169 8787 (general enquiries)
0800 678 1602 (8am–7pm every day)
[email protected]

Provides information and advice for older people in the UK.

Care Quality Commission

03000 616161
[email protected]

Regulates, inspects and reviews all adult social care services in the public, private and voluntary sectors in England.

Carers Trust

0300 772 9600
[email protected]

Works to improve support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems.

Carers UK

0808 808 7777 (helpline, 10am–4pm Mondays and Tuesdays)
[email protected] (online discussion forum)

Provides information and advice to carers about their rights and how to access support.

GOV.UK website (site to find your local council)

Local Government Ombudsman

0300 061 0614
[email protected]

Independent organisation that investigates complaints about councils and care providers and looks for a resolution.

More information

Last reviewed: March 2015

Next review due: March 2018

Reviewed by: Professor Jill Manthorpe, Professor of Social Work, King's College London, and Irene Chenery, Partner, Chenery Maher Solicitors, member of Solicitors for the Elderly

This information has also been reviewed by people affected by dementia.

To give feedback on this factsheet, or for a list of sources, please email [email protected]

Think this page could be useful to someone? Share it: