Year to Remember
Let's make 2021 a Year to Remember for all the right reasons.
Join forces with Alzheimer’s Society to make this a Year to Remember. By pledging your support for a whole…
….you really will make a lasting difference.
What is Year to Remember?
Set to be the 21st century’s biggest killer, dementia never sleeps. And we’ll never rest until we’ve beaten it. By taking part in Year to Remember, you’ll be at the frontline of the big push towards our goal: a world without dementia.
How you do it is up to you. You can raise funds, build awareness, or take action – or all three. It’s all about having fun and creating new memories while making a difference.
How to take part
There are three main ways to make a difference in your Year to Remember. Pick your favourite or combine all three for a year of unforgettable experiences.
By fundraising for Alzheimer’s Society you’ll be making sure people affected by dementia get the support they need today − and helping us find a cure for tomorrow. Here are some ideas:
- Run, swim or cycle 365 miles and ask for sponsorship. Split the distance between a team or take on the challenge yourself.
- Quit something for 52 days – or, if you really want a challenge, 52 weeks. Encourage people to sponsor you or join you in your challenge to make it a team effort.
- Get festive in the 12th calendar month by taking part in Elf Day.
By building awareness and understanding of dementia among your colleagues, contacts and community, you’ll be helping to create a more dementia-friendly society. This helps people with dementia to live in their communities without fear and prejudice. Check out these examples:
- Purchase and Pledge to wear a forget-me-not pin badge for 365 days and use it as a conversation starter.
- Commit to sharing Alzheimer’s Society’s social media posts and pages once a week to raise awareness – and ask colleagues to do the same.
- Tell 12 business contacts, friends or family about the '5 things you need to know about dementia'.
By getting people you know directly involved in our work, you can have a big positive impact on the lives of people affected by dementia. Here are just a few ideas to inspire you:
- Join Dementia Research to be matched to studies taking place in your area. Research can help people living with the condition now, as well as helping to prevent people from developing dementia in the future. People with and without a diagnosis of dementia are able to register. Sign up at the Join Dementia Research website.
- Become a Dementia Friends Champion and run Dementia Friends Sessions for 52 colleagues or contacts.
- Get 12 colleagues to join a campaign against dementia, or sign our petition to fix dementia care.