Responding to distressed behaviours
Learn new approaches to supporting people living with dementia with complex needs on this intermediate course.
You will learn:
- How to recognise when a person living with dementia is experiencing distress
- How to identify the individual triggers of distressed behaviours
- How dementia affects communication and the impact this may have on an individual
- Skills to respond to challenging situations with empathy and respect
- How to assess and manage risk in a sensitive way.
Prices start from £695 per day for up to 16 people.
One attendee said of the course:
The trainer was excellent and very engaging. The content was interesting and I learnt a lot that I will be able to incorporate into my practice as a social worker. The session was really interactive and it was a very positive training day.
Who should attend? This course is suitable for anyone working or volunteering within Health and Social Care. Attendees should have existing knowledge of dementia and/or experience of supporting someone affected by the condition.
Course level: Intermediate (equivalent to Health Education England Tier 2 training)
Duration: One day
Prices: Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care and third sector: £695 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £795 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Private sector: £895 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
We do not charge VAT on our training, saving you 20%.
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: Delegates should have attended Dementia awareness training or have equivalent knowledge and/or experience of supporting someone living with dementia.
Delegate numbers: 8 to 16 people per day. Additional delegates may attend (up to a maximum of 20) for an additional charge of £49 per person.