Responding to distressed behaviours
Learn new approaches to supporting people living with dementia with complex needs on this intermediate course.
You will learn:
- How to recognise when a person living with dementia is experiencing distress
- How to identify the individual triggers of distressed behaviours
- How dementia affects communication and the impact this may have on an individual
- Skills to respond to challenging situations with empathy and respect
- How to assess and manage risk in a sensitive way.
Prices start from £595 per day for up to 16 people.
One attendee said of the course:
The trainer was excellent and very engaging. The content was interesting and I learnt a lot that I will be able to incorporate into my practice as a social worker. The session was really interactive and it was a very positive training day.
Who should attend? This course is suitable for anyone working or volunteering within Health and Social Care. Attendees should have existing knowledge of dementia and/or experience of supporting someone affected by the condition.
Course level: Intermediate (equivalent to Health Education England Tier 2 training)
Accreditation: This course is Continuing Professional Development (CPD) certified
Duration: One day
Prices: Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care: £595 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Third sector: £749 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £795 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Private sector: £995 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
We do not charge VAT on our training, saving you 20%.
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: Delegates should have attended Dementia awareness training or have equivalent knowledge and/or experience of supporting someone living with dementia.
Delegate numbers: 8 to 16 people per day. Additional delegates may attend (up to a maximum of 20) for an additional charge of £49 per person.
Receive your Alzheimer's Society intermediate certificate in dementia awareness
Attendees of Responding to distressed behaviours are invited to sit our Intermediate certificate in dementia awareness.
This multiple choice exam assesses your understanding of distressed behaviours in people with dementia, their associated triggers and how to respond to challenging situations with empathy. Upon successful completion, candidates will receive a certificate and badge to celebrate their achievement.
The Intermediate certificate in dementia awareness is priced at just £29 per person.