Dementia awareness training: train the trainer
Get the knowledge and skills to deliver our best-selling dementia awareness course to staff and volunteers within your organisation.
You will learn:
- How to deliver our best-selling Dementia awareness training course
- Skills in person-centred facilitation
- How to give constructive feedback to others
- An insight into different learning needs and styles
- How to use Alzheimer's Society's training materials to aid the learning of your attendees.
All attendees will receive a full Dementia awareness training: train the trainer USB pack. Included in this is the presentation, a feedback form template, register template, class handouts and a certificate template.
Prices start from £995 per day for up to 12 people.
One attendee said of the course:
'An excellent three day course with superb facilitation! I learnt an enormous amount about dementia and now I feel much more confident to share this knowledge with others in an effective way.'
Who should attend? This course is suitable for staff members with existing knowledge of dementia and for whom training is a key aspect of their role.
Course level: Intermediate (equivalent to Health Education England Tier 3 training)
Duration: Three days
Prices: Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care and third sector: £995 plus expenses per day for up to 12 people (£2,985 plus expenses in total)
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £995 plus expenses per day for up to 12 people (£2,985 plus expenses in total)
- Private sector: £1,295 plus expenses per day for up to 12 people (£3,885 plus expenses in total)
We do not charge VAT on our training, saving you 20%.
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: Attendees must have existing knowledge of dementia and experience of supporting someone affected by the condition.
Attendees are also required to prepare a five minute presentation on a subject of their choice (for example a hobby, event or holiday) to deliver on the first day of training.
Delegate numbers: 8 to 12 people.