About our 2019 conference
Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference is a must attend event for anyone working in health and social care, local and national government, policy and research.
The Dementia Prority: Local and global action
Alzheimer’s Society’s vision is a world without dementia. Until the day we find a cure, we will create a society where those affected by dementia are supported and accepted, able to live in their community without fear or prejudice. In the UK one person every three minutes develops dementia. We are not alone in facing the challenge of dementia.
Globally every three seconds someone develops dementia and it is recognised as a severe health crisis. We know that through more research is being conducted than ever before, more collaboration on policy, and more support, awareness and community action - change is happening.
Building on our call:
Taking Action on Dementia at this year’s conference, we want to drive more commitments and ensure they are delivered. Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference 2019, will focus on how our actions, our collaborations, policies, and the research we undertake as individuals, builds through partnerships to organisation, community and national change for people with dementia, their carers and families.
Dementia was put on the global stage at the UK-led G8 Dementia Summit in 2013. There is still much to do in the UK to improve the lives of those affected by dementia and reduce variation in terms of care, support and treatment, but there is much we can teach and also learn from others.
Together we are changing the global landscape of dementia forever, and our conference unites those personally and professionally affected by dementia to focus the latest progress we are making and the challenges for the future.
• Supporting People affected by dementia and their carers
• Building a movement for change
• Research to transform care and discover new treatments
• Suzanne Cahill, Author and Professor of Social Work and Social Policy, Trinity College Dublin
• John O’Brien, Professor of Old Age Psychiatry, University of Cambridge
• Julie Ogley, Incoming President of Association of Directors of Adult Social Services
Our list of all speakers will be updated over the next month.
What do conference delegates gain access to?
- A jam packed two day conference programme
- People with dementia and carers sharing their experiences.
- Over 10 main conference sessions, each focused on a different aspect of dementia care, research and policy.
- 16 parallel sessions covering the latest research updates and service improvements.
- Over 80 expert speakers from across research, policy and care.
- Exhibition stands to show innovative products and services.
- Our interactive conference App.
- Over 100 posters showcasing pioneering work in the dementia field.
- Panel discussions and audience Q and As.
- CPD accreditation.
- Networking opportunities – via our drinks reception and App networking too
Our 2019 conference programme will be available to view and download soon, in the meantime you can find our programme so far here, please note this is subject to change. A final programme will be confirmed in March 2019.