About our 2019 conference
Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference is a must attend event for anyone working in health and social care, local and national government, policy and research.
Dementia: Local action, global priority
Alzheimer’s Society’s vision is a world without dementia. Until the day we find a cure, we will create a society where those affected by dementia are supported and accepted, able to live in their community without fear or prejudice. In the UK one person every three minutes develops dementia. We are not alone in facing the challenge of dementia.
Globally every three seconds someone develops dementia and it is recognised as a severe health crisis. We know that through more research is being conducted than ever before, more collaboration on policy, and more support, awareness and community action - change is happening.
Building on our call:
Taking Action on Dementia at this year’s conference, we want to drive more commitments and ensure they are delivered. Alzheimer’s Society Annual Conference 2019, will focus on how our actions, our collaborations, policies, and the research we undertake as individuals, builds through partnerships to organisation, community and national change for people with dementia, their carers and families.
Dementia was put on the global stage at the UK-led G8 Dementia Summit in 2013. There is still much to do in the UK to improve the lives of those affected by dementia and reduce variation in terms of care, support and treatment, but there is much we can teach and also learn from others.
Together we are changing the global landscape of dementia forever, and our conference unites those personally and professionally affected by dementia to focus the latest progress we are making and the challenges for the future.
We are now accepting abstract submissions for the 2019 conference programme. Abstracts can be submitted for oral and poster presentations under each of the conference's key themes
- Supporting People affected by dementia and their carers
- Building a movement for change
- Research to transform care and discover new treatments
Abstract submissions now open
What do conference delegates gain access to?
Registering for a ticket allows you access to:
- A jam packed two day conference programme
- People with dementia and carers sharing their experiences.
- Over 10 main conference sessions, each focused on a different aspect of dementia care, research and policy.
- 16 parallel sessions covering the latest research updates and service improvements.
- Over 80 expert speakers from across research, policy and care.
- Exhibition stands to show innovative products and services.
- Our interactive conference App.
- Over 100 posters showcasing pioneering work in the dementia field.
- Panel discussions and audience Q and As.
- CPD accreditation.
- Networking opportunities – via our drinks reception and App networking tool.
Register your interest for ASAC19
Planning is underway for Alzheimer's Society Annual Conference 2019. Be the first to hear all about our plans for next year's conference, receive promotional offers and access to earlybird registration.