Dementia 2012: A national challenge
We will show how well people are living with dementia based on the outcomes that are important to them and chart progress and opportunities for action, year on year.
- View the most recent data as an infographic.
Prime Minister Challenge
The Prime Minster, David Cameron, has issued a national challenge on dementia at the Dementia 2012 conference: committing to
- give a boost to dementia research,
- address quality of dementia care,
- increase public understanding of dementia
- and make communities more dementia friendly.
A new website on the PM challenge has now been launched. This will include updates on how the challenge is progressing and information on how everyone can contribute.
Download the report
- Download the full Dementia 2012 report (PDF)
- Download the executive summary of the Dementia 2012 report (PDF)
- Download the Dementia 2013 report (PDF)
- Download the Dementia 2014 report (PDF)
Dementia friendly communities
Alzheimer's Society is leading a dementia friendly communities programme to support the changes we are calling for in the report. Through the programme, we aim to support and give public recognition to villages, towns, cities and national organisations who are taking steps towards being more inclusive of people with dementia.