Thanks to you, Dementia Awareness Week 2016 was a huge success!
This year's Dementia Awareness Week, which ran from 15 – 21 May, aimed to reach people who were worried about dementia and encouraged them to confront their concerns and come to the Alzheimer's Society for help and support – because life doesn't end when dementia begins.
Thanks to everyone who spread the message we achieved:
- Over 100,000 views of the film for the week, fronted by Welsh comedian Rhod Gilbert
- 2,220 pieces of national and regional media coverage
- More than 730 community based events taking place in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Over 13,500 people becoming Dementia Friends
- #DAW2016 was trending number one on Twitter
- Over 1,880 people filling in our online template and sharing what they wanted to say to dementia