Putting care right – care at home
- Support. Stay. Save found that people with dementia and carers greatly value living in their own home but many are not receiving sufficient support and care for this to be a reality.
- Lack of support at home can lead to admission to hospital, early entry into care homes, and increased strain on carers.
- Many care home workers reported they still needed more training on delivering good dementia care.
What the Society is calling for
- Support for people with dementia to live independently in their own homes and avoid early and unnecessary admission to long term care.
- Commissioners to recognise the considerable resources already being spent across health and social care on dementia and the opportunity to use them more effectively.
- Home care workers to be supported to provide good care to people with dementia in their own homes.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
Read our new Support. Stay. Save. report
Read our information for carers on everyday care of people with dementia.
See our section on remaining independent.
By signing up you will receive regular updates on our campaigns and details on how to get involved.
Visit Talking Point and take part in the discussions