Our Grant Rounds
The objective of Alzheimer's Society PhD Studentship grants is to provide funding for new PhD studentships in the areas of cause, cure, care or prevention of all types of dementia.
Funding of up to £85,000 is provided for up to three years and includes a stipend (£15,000-£16,000 per year), university PhD fees at EU rates, consumables & equipment, and conference dissemination support. All costs must be justified.
- The host institution must be in the UK.
- Funding is not available for studentships that have already commenced.
- Students must have at least a 2.1 degree.
- Students do not need to be from the UK, nor resident for any amount of time before the award begins. However, Alzheimer's Society will provide student fees up to the UK/EU rate only.
How to applyApplications should be made by the prospective supervisor and can be submitted with or without a named student. Students wishing to undertake a PhD in dementia research should contact their prospective host institution/supervisor.
All applications which fulfill the eligibility criteria will be scientifically peer reviewed and lay reviewed by research network volunteers. These reviews along with the application will then be considered by our Grant Advisory Boards. Feedback is provided to all applicants.
Number of applications: 34
Number of awards made: 7 (21%)
Number of applications: 23
Number of awards made: 4 (17%)
Number of applications: 27
Number of awards made: 5 (19%)
Number of applications: 15
Number of awards made: 5 (33%)
Currently funded projects
We currently fund PhD studentship grants in to the cause, care, cure and prevention of dementia.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In this section
- Our Grant Rounds
- Biomedical research funding stream
- Care, services and public health research funding stream
- Project Grants
- Junior Fellowships
- Senior Fellowships
- Clinician and healthcare professionals training fellowships
- Alzheimer's Society/Medical Research Council (MRC) jointly funded Clinical Fellowship
- You are here: PhD Studentships
- Doctoral Training Centre grants
- Undergraduate Bursaries
- Dissemination grants
- Drug Discovery Call for Proposals
Click here to apply for research funding
Learn more about our research funding programme and browse our open and future grant calls
Access useful resources for improving the design and delivery of your research
Visit Talking Point and take part in the discussions