Our Grant Rounds
Doctoral Training Centre grants
We are launching a new scheme to enable several investigators to apply for up to four PhD studentships to commence in 2014-2016 in a single bid. Applications may be led by single institutes or studentships may be shared across several institutes in a new or existing collaboration.
We will continue to offer funding for individual PhD studentships.
AwardAwards cover studentship stipend, university fees and a conference and dissemination budget. In addition, studentships are provided with (up to) a £24,000 budget for materials and consumables but this might be utilised flexibly to support the studentship.
- Studentships must be based in the UK and be awarded from a licensed UK higher education institute.
- Applications can be made by a single institute. Alternatively two or more institutes can apply where there is already a prior collaboration or partnership, and it can be shown to add value to the studentship.
- Multiple Doctoral Training Centre grant applications per institute are allowed, where there is clear difference in the training experience and type of studentship offered. An individual should not be named as a co-applicant to more than one application.
For more information about our Doctoral Training Centre grants please download our call specification for applicants.
How to apply
Applications should be made by the prospective supervisor and can be submitted with or without a named student. Students wishing to undertake a PhD in dementia research should contact their prospective host institution/supervisor.
All applications which fulfil the eligibility criteria will be scientifically peer reviewed and lay reviewed by research network volunteers. These reviews along with the application will then be considered by our Grant Advisory Boards. Feedback is provided to all applicants.
Read more about our application process before completing and submitting your application through our online grants platform.
In this section
- Our Grant Rounds
- Biomedical research funding stream
- Care, services and public health research funding stream
- Project Grants
- Junior Fellowships
- Senior Fellowships
- Clinician and healthcare professionals training fellowships
- Alzheimer's Society/Medical Research Council (MRC) jointly funded Clinical Fellowship
- PhD Studentships
- You are here: Doctoral Training Centre grants
- Undergraduate Bursaries
- Dissemination grants
- Funding Drug Discovery
Click here to apply for research funding
Learn more about our research funding programme and browse our open and future grant calls
Access useful resources for improving the design and delivery of your research
Visit Talking Point and take part in the discussions